What It's Really Like...

What it's really like...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stalking Mikael Blomkvist



I read the Millennium Trilogy in like a month.  Every time I referred to the stories I would say Switzerland instead of Sweden.  George would roll his eyes at me like I was a dumb ass.  I would just look at him and be like what?  This is because my geographical knowledge of both of these countries is nil.  I had the most difficult time even picturing Switzerland/Sweden when I was reading the books, which was a little disruptive for my reading comprehension flow.  Nevertheless, the stories were awesome.. and I saw the Swedish versions which fulfilled  my visual ineptitude (at least roughly..). 


Well guess what, as it turns out I will be visiting Sweden for a month this summer, which will cure yet another geographical hole in my personal map.  Had we not gone to Holland two summers ago that hole would also remain.   It doesn't embarrass me that my knowledge of geography sucks.  I have found that I'm not the only one.  Not that this makes it OK.. because if it wasn't for my husband I would remain forever confused.  So this year's home exchange will be to Sweden, where they speak English and where we will experience one of the most beautiful Scandinavian countries.   Skål!

No comments:

Post a Comment